Table of Contents
Are you worried about fleas entering your home and ruining things for your pet? You’re not alone. Most people know that fleas are problematic for pets. However, you also have to understand that they’re going to turn your life upside down too. It is pertinent to get rid of fleas and keep them out. Otherwise, they’re going to pose a risk to you and your pets. Remember that these pests can transmit serious illnesses, including plague and typhus. Fleas are commonly found in Milwaukee.
Which Fleas Are found In Milwaukee?
You can encounter several flea species in your hometown. However, you primarily have to worry about cat fleas. These pests are roughly an eighth of an inch. They’re slim and flat so they can move through hair easily. When your pet tries to scratch the fleas, they won’t be able to do it. The pest’s size allows them to slide through their claws without getting caught. Although they’re called cat fleas, they will attack dogs and humans too. In addition to this, they can impact opossums, skunks, dogs, and foxes. In some cases, they’ll invade homes without pets.
Worried About Flea Bites?
Are you worried about flea bites? You should be. Unfortunately, fleas are incredibly dangerous. Fleas can create numerous problems for your pets. When they target your dog, they can cause hair loss and flea allergy dermatitis. Your pet is going to scratch constantly while trying to get rid of the fleas. If the problem isn’t addressed, it can lead to blood loss and anemia. Plus, fleas can carry tapeworms.
Preventing Flea Problems
Getting rid of fleas won’t be easy. When they invade your home, you have an uphill battle ahead of you. It is easier to keep fleas away. Therefore, you’ll want to take steps to stop fleas from approaching your property. You can’t stop all of them, but you will be able to minimize the risks. Below, you will discover helpful advice for keeping fleas away from your home and pets.
- Be cautious when adopting a new pet. Make sure that the animal doesn’t have fleas.
- Give your pets anti-parasite medications that prevent and control fleas.
- Keep your grass mowed. For the best results, keep it three inches or lower.
- Never feed wildlife found around your property.
- Protect low decks with wire, wood, or another barrier.
- Check your pets and their belongings for fleas often.
- Talk to your vet about flea treatments and shampoos.
- Wash your pets and their bedding regularly.
- Use a vacuum to get rid of fleas and their eggs.
Have you found fleas around your home? If so, you need to take steps to fix the problem. Contact our office because we’re ready to help.
If you have any other pest control issues please check out other services.